Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday



We came home from our weekend in SC to beautiful full blooms on a tree in our front yard. I have no idea what kind of tree it is, but once a year it is beathtaking.

***

Since our return home Jake and I have both confessed to thinking about Myra's foster girls more that we thought we would. They are such sweet girls and we had such a good time with them. They have lived with my aunt since November, away from an absent, drug addicted mother. "Mom" is making an attempt at getting them back and I hope if she succeeds that she does good by them and stays clean and takes good care of them. If she can't keep it together I hope the girls can bypass the emotional rollercoast of returning to an unconscious mother and just stay with my aunt who clearly loves them and can give them a good life. Plus, selfishly, I want to see them again.

***

Nathan and Reese's recent colds have caught hold of me. I'm giving into it today, but tomorrow I hope it finds another body to inhabit, preferrably someone not in this household.

***

I'm reading Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth. Nana gave it to Jake and I a year or so ago and when Nancy told me Oprah was doing an on-line class starting March 3rd I thought it was a good time to open it up. I'm on chapter 7 and maybe with today's hybernation I'll finish it. It is the most thought provoking book I've ever read and I'm looking forward to the on-line class to help me sort it all out.
***
Whenever the kids argue with each other they are usually quick to come to me to report the others wrong doing. My standard intial responce is, "Tell Nate/Reese about it (AKA try and work it out first before coming to me to referee)." So recently when Reese hit Nathan, the first thing Nathan does is say, "Mom, Reese hit me." My reply, "Tell Reese about it." Nathan, frusturated, says, "He already knows he hit me." Cracked me up. He's got a point there. Maybe I need to rephrase my response a bit.



No comments: