Tuesday, January 8, 2008

1 Year, 20 Years, and VOTE

This morning it dawned on me that Jake and I met 20 years ago this month. It was January 1988 and I had been uprooted from my very comfortable life as a 9th grader in Alabama to move to Florida. I was not happy. Within my first few days at my new school I met Jake, a skinny, red-head who was dating a very cute cheerleader. The first time I laid eyes on him I remember thinking, "What does she see in him?" (Jake loves it when I tell that story). By 10th grade we were inseparable. I've known him longer than I haven't known him. I love that.

I started blogging a year ago. What an addiction! I was a lurker at Jen's blog for years (she's one of the reasons moving in 1988 was so hard) before I took the bait and started my own. It sure is catchy.

I don't know what it is, but I'm totally into the Presidential Election. Politics has always been a bit of an afterthought for me, but I can't seem to get enough election news. Can hardly wait to cast my vote! Still need help making up your mind, go here.

2 comments:

AnnMarie said...

i thought the same thing the first time I met Jake :) 1988 in front of the movie theater, he was dating "that cheerleader" and the red mullet/feathered bangs was all i could see! lol

i am exhausted from my company all weekend (i know how you felt last week) so i'll call you soon :)

Jenny said...

Haha. Jake's red mullet. :)

It WAS 20 years ago, huh? Damn!