Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Belly Buttons and Green Logs

I'm not sure what sparked this, but the kids have been eating so much better. No more gagging when they try new foods and food negotiations have been to a minimum. Last night they ate chicken tortellini and green beans (belly buttons and green logs) willingly with no promises of dessert. They also ate cantaloupe, fresh cherries and no lie, real, hormone free grilled chicken this week! And they liked it!

I got the new cookbook Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld for Christmas. I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, but hear the spinach brownie's are good.




I have a subsciption to Family Fun magazine and half the time I forget to read them until they are months old and all the cool holiday/season ideas are old news. Yesterday, when my February issue came I actually sat down and read it cover to cover. Nathan picked out these fun valentine cards to make for his class. Despite the fact that Jake and I mutually agree that Valentine's Day is a Hallmark holiday I still find Valentinie things fun to do with the kids.

1 comment:

AnnMarie said...

i got the book too for christmas...to hide extra veggies for rob and i and not so much Cooper yet :) LOL...but the brownies and the chichen nuggets are all I got to so far and they are good.