Monday, August 6, 2007

Space





The kids and I went to the Space Center today. I haven't been in years. In fact, I think the last time I was there was when Jake surprised me with VIP tickets for a night launch on my 27nd birthday. It was so amazing to see a night launch so close up....it literally brought tears to my eyes it was so beautiful.


It was a blazing hot day, but we managed to rotate the outside exhibits with the inside ones and stay cool. Nate is fascinated by the space program and flips through the newspaper with Jake each morning to clip out any pictures covering launches etc. It was so much fun being with my little space expert today. I love his enthusiasm.


The highlight of the day was running into the astronaut pictured above as we were leaving. It wasn't a real astronaut, but more like a photo op, but the kids didn't even notice and ran up for their picture moment. Reese was a little afraid of him, but big brother Nate grabbed his hand and told him it was okay.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sounds like y'all had fun. The picture makes me smile.