Sunday, August 5, 2007

Date Night

Jake and I had a much needed date night last night. The kids stayed the night over at Nana's and we hit dinner and a movie. We tried a new Japanese Steak place with group style seating where the chefs cooks right at your table. As we were shown to our table I heard Jake chuckle under his breath....he noticed one of his clients sitting at the table we were headed for. Luckily, the client is a very nice guy whom I've met before, but it put a spin on our date that we didn't really want.

We negotiated our movie choice all day long before I finally caved, giving up my choice of Hairspray for Die Hard. This was only our second time going to the theater in 6 years so we had some pretty strong ideas about what we wanted to see. Really, I just wanted to go out to see a movie instead of our norm which is renting a movie to watch at home. To my surprise, Die Hard was really good, a little over the top at some moments, but very good.

We enjoyed watching the previews before the movie and nodding to each other if the movie was a yah or nah just like we did years ago when we were avid movie goers....strangely romantic. Our date officially ended this morning with both of us sleeping in (another rarity) before I went for a run before going to pick up the kids and Jake headed into the office for his usual Sunday catch-up day.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like a great date night. Thank God for date nights, huh? They help a lot! :)

Anonymous said...

you went to a place like that in tampa when you got engaged right? Arigato's I think. sounds yummy :)

Ann-Marie

PS- Sounds like with a baby coming I better stock up on Twizlers at home for our blockbuster nights!