Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Over two hours ago was the start of our 12th anniversary. At the time I was out with Rochelle, Janeen and Steve, and an old friend from elementary and junior high Anna. It's cold here for us (sorry for the rest of the NE), we went to a couple of bar/restaurants, and then came home for a fairly unevnetful night. So here I sit at 2:22 AM, numb as I normally feel. I obviously miss Hope, the boys miss Hope, we talk to her every day, but for the most part the long hard feelings are gone. We still cry once in a while, but they are fewer and further between. We know she is with us, but every day feel like we have moved on a bit more. I don't know how I'll feel tomorrow at brunch at my Mom's house with Aunt Lois, Uncle Cliff, Papa and the boys, but I hope it's not sadness and I don't think it will be.

Tomorrow is Superbowl Sunday, and a milestone in our amazing relationship. If she was here, we would have probably been with the boys in the morning, and then gone off for the night on Sunday to watch the game together (so she could watch the commercials) until we came home Monday night. After all we watched the NBA playoffs in both NY, CA, TX and Quebec in the past. She always put up with me, no matter what the circumstances were.

The NFL will crown a new champion tomorrow, The Boss will play music, and I will rejoice in 12 years of marriage to the most amazing saint of a woman ever imagined. Our marriage is not over, we will not forget, and we will all 4 be together forever as a family. I know you love me like water, as I love you like Tom Brady (in a manly way---not that I haven't noticed how good looking he is?!?).

5 comments:

Daddy-O said...

I don't know what to say or what not to say so I'm just going to say what I've always said today, Happy Anniversary.

Today marks the day you and Hope pledged to be together forever and you always will be. It is also the day you become a member of my family. Hope may not be here physically but that doesn't mean you're less of a family member. So Happy 'Welcome to My Family' Anniversary.

Wish we were there to enjoy the game together. And here's to hoping next year the Pat's (and Brady) make it back!

Love you like the brother you are-
Will

AnnMarie said...

thinking of you today xoxox

Anna said...

I love you like Tebow

Life is beautiful... Mostly said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Love to you and the boys!

Daddy-O said...

Damn, Anna stole my man-crush statement!!