Saturday, July 7, 2007

Years ago, before Jake and I had kids we were out with a couple who had two girls around pre-school age. At one point during the evening the mother commented on her children's whining......how it drives her crazy. I thought she was being harsh because I hadn't noticed the whining. Fast forward..........to me with a 5 and 2 year old. I CAN NOT STAND THE WHINING! If you've got something to say, say it, but don't whine! It grinds at every nerve Jake and I have. I assume at some point in child development this stops, right..........oh, please tell me it stops?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Luke has started THE WHINE. I hate it!!!

Stacy said...

The whine stops but then it starts to completely irrational disobedience and "please give me a spanking" type behavior. I don't know which is worse.

But having multiple children :) I can see that there DEFINITELY are cycles and that they eventually DO end. But the next stage of development has its own set of challenges and rewards, no matter what stage it is.