Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Speechless

I've been asked to be a speaker at the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk kickoff event. This could be really cool...if public speaking didn't cause me such anxiety. This is the second time I've been asked. The first time was with very little notice so they were not shocked I declined.

As the kids get older and head off to school I've fantasized about what great things I could do with my time. Working with the American Cancer Society is on my list so it burns me up to pass on this. I just can't bring myself to add the stress this would cause. Am I a wimp?

Now I have the unfortunate task of calling them back, divulge my public speaking weakness and then offer to help in some other way. Bummer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should SOO do it! I think that is what you should tell people you will do to raise money...you have conquered cancer, you can handle public speaking! $10,000 raised and a speech will be made! I am in on that one :)

Ann-Marie