Thursday, July 19, 2007

Free Movie

Nate spent the night with Jake's mom last night so Jake and I got a reminder of what it was like to only have one child. We went out to eat and found ourselves holding a conversation while Reese ate and played at the table. It was amazingly quiet. After diner we went by the pet store to get Reese another fish. Since starting our aquarium 3 weeks ago Reese is on fish number 3. Hopefully this one will live more than a few days. It's a tough little fish because it managed to survive Reese dropping the bag he was in before we even left the store.

This morning I took Reese to see Shrek 2, one of the free summer movies at our theater. It was great just hanging out the two of us. He asked me twice during the movie if it was over. I was hoping he'd make it though the entire thing because I was getting into it and really wanted to know how it ended. I'm happy to report we made it. After the movie we hopped into one of those photo booths which I've always loved. Seems like such a classic summer thing to do.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I LOVE those pictures. You look so young and fresh!! :) That's great that you spent some one on one time with Reese---I bet he ate it up!