Monday, July 23, 2007

Week One

I limited my sugar to a few dark chocolate chips a day and one splurge of chocolate cake Saturday night. I didn't have to fight off the craving too bad. The dark chocolate seemed to be just enough to satisfy me. I'm not a dark chocolate fan so I didn't want to keep on eating and eating.

Once I made the decision to run the half marathon I threw in a few short runs in between my walking on the treadmill. The first day I tried it I could only get in 2 minutes before I thought I would pass out. The next day I slowed the pace and made it 3 minutes. This morning I slowed the pace just a bit more and made it an entire mile before I had to go back to walking. I walk/ran another 2 miles after that. I'm so proud of myself. I can walk all day long, but running is a challenge.

I watched The Biggest Loser for the first time over the weekend. I was so pumped up after watching one episode. I also realized I wasn't pushing myself hard enough.

I weighed in this morning. Only a 1.5 pound loss, but I'm optimistic if I work hard enough it will keep coming off.

No comments: