Monday, July 30, 2007

Week 2

I'm fighting the munchies a little more as I start week 3, but I did great last week and dropped another 2 pounds. That's 3 1/2 pounds I don't have to drag 13.1 miles! I'm now up to a 2 mile run which isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I have to be able to run 3 miles before I can start on an official training program. I invested in a pair of running shoes. I read about people loosing toe nails if they weren't in a good shoe. Ouch! And did you know guys have to lube up their nipples before a marathon because they'll bleed from the rubbing against their shirt. Yikes.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Ummmm, I see these toenail and bleeding nipple things as good evidence that running THAT much isn't such a good thing! :)

More power to ya! I'll stick to walking...and sitting in front of a computer (wishing that was a joke!)

Anonymous said...

you are doing your research! i would hear such terrible stories at the gym i would want to run right off my treadmilll when people told me gross things from running too far. that's why i never made it past a 5k....if you are up to 2 miles already you ROCK! Keep it up :)

Ann-Marie