Monday, May 21, 2007

Skin and Summer

Just one more day of school left for Nathan! I'm both excited and a bit scared about entertaining a 5 and 2 year old for 12 weeks straight. Will they get bored? Will I go mad? My hope.......to let my hair down (which I need to do more), laugh more and conquer my fear of the heat. If anyone has any cool summer fun ideas I'd love to hear them.

I find myself paying a lot of attention to sun-screen. My skin seemed so resilient before....what happened? A few years ago a good friend from high school battled melanoma and Jake and I have been religious about going for an annual with the dermatologist and using sun-screen. Having kids and wanting to protect their skin has reminded us to do the same for ourselves. We told the kids they have to wear sun-screen so the sun won't kiss them too hard. It worked because they let us lather them up without a fuss. So, I've become a member of the small percentage of us who wear sun-screen everyday and I'm sure to have the pastiest kids in the sunshine state....which is OK by me.

No comments: