Friday, February 23, 2007

Caregiver Not Patient

Jake had his vasectomy today. The patient is doing well.........relaxing on the couch with a bag of frozen peas. This is the first time I've been the caregiver and not the patient. I like it better. I thought I might be a little sad to say goodbye to the little swimmers, but I wasn't. I sat in the waiting room for a bit, then headed outside to sit in the sun and read my newest copy of O Magazine, knowing this was the right choice. On the way home I asked Jake if he was sad his sperm was forever trapped inside his body with no way out (OK, so I didn't put it that way) and he simply said "nope."

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Chris is very concerned over what happens when this procedure is done. I don't know why he cares--since I'm the one getting my tubes cut apart...Get well soon Jake!

Anonymous said...

Where is the photo? I would love to see the peas in place and Jake actually sitting still and resting!
Ann-Marie